Striker Art Twigg has been named Most Valuable Player for Sunday league side Sperm Whales after a season in which they earned headlines for their run in the Chatham Cup.
Twigg was the side’s Golden Boot winner with 23 goals in all games.
Twigg had already won a third-share of the Golden Boot for the Championship competition run by the Auckland Sunday Football Association, sharing the award with Viet Star’s Andrew Naicker and Rapa Nui’s Gonzalo Ceron, all of whom scored ten times.
Main photo: Art Twigg lines up a shot against Ngaruawahia United in the Chatham Cup.
In other end-of-season awards, the Whales paid tribute to:
- Golden Gloves — Justin Wong.
- Rookie of the year — Frankie Patten-Elliot.
- Performance of the year —Art Twigg goal + assist in Chatham Cup Round 1 against Ngaruawahia United.
- Supporter of the year — Jessica Taylor.
- Goal of the year — tied: Will East vs. West Auckland and Christian Noddy Mair vs Viet Star.
- Players’ player of the year (biggest Sperm) — Kris Watt.
- Golden Boot — Art Twigg.
- MVP — Art Twigg.
Meet the Sperm Whales
As the team prepared for their Chatham Cup campaign, NZ Football’s media team paid them a visit for this video story:
READ MORE: Our stories about the Auckland Sunday Football Association >>>>
Tell Friends of Football your club news
If you belong to a club in the northern or WaiBOP regions, please let us know what’s happening at your club.
Either send us your media releases or send us a link to your announcement/story on your website.
If we think it’ll interest football fans and our members, we’ll do our best to share your news.
Email us at [email protected] – thanks.
Use our logo
Please add our logo to your club’s website and invite your members and supporters to check us out.