Waikato club Claudelands Rovers is inviting expressions of interest for several coaching positions for its senior men’s teams.
The club will play in the Lotto NRFL Southern Conference next season, following the restructure of the first/second division tiers of competition.
Rovers seek expressions of interest for roles including:
- Head Coach (NRFL Southern Conference)
- Coach (NRFL Southern Conference U23 Reserves)
- Coach (WaiBOP Conference)
Main photo: The Rovers men’s first team will play in the Lotto NRF Southern Conference in 2023. Photo: Shane Wenzlick / Phototek.
On its website, the club says:
“Expressions of Interest from an ambitious and knowledgeable Head Coach seeking to also bring candidates able to fill all or some of the above positions are also invited.
“The positions commence from November 1, 2022, with a view to the 2023 season and beyond.
“The Head Coach role will be based in Hamilton, New Zealand, and will see the successful candidate working with a group of players of varying ages and skill levels, in turn developing and leading the club’s coaching strategies.
“As part of this initial expression of interest, we are seeking an outline of your coaching history, achievements in coaching, qualifications and an overview of your game ethos and strategies.
“All positions are part‐time, with remuneration based on the qualities of the successful candidate. A more detailed job description will be made available to short‐listed candidates in due course.
Deadline to submit expressions of interest
“The window for submitting your expression of interest shall close on Sunday October 9, 2022.
“If you are interested, please submit your expression of interest via email, with a cover letter outlining your interest and suitability for the role and attach your football CV, by no later than the date above.
“Overseas candidates must be able to successfully apply for a New Zealand work visa.
“Please email applications to the club president: [email protected]
Qualities we are looking for in the successful candidates:
- Head Coach and U-23 applications, current C licence is the minimum requirement.
- Knowledgeable about the rules and fundamental techniques required of the sport.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all players and coaches of the team positions advertised, including representatives of the club youth programme.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with the club committee and volunteers.
- Demonstrate positive team sportsmanship toward opponents and officials.
- An ability to read and interpret documents such as rules, operating instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of players and club members.
Claudelands Rovers was founded in 1923 are plan centenary celebrations for next year.
The club has a total membership of about 450 including senior men and women players, a growing youth programme and a well‐established junior programme including First Kicks.