Portugal have chosen Mangere United’s grounds and facilities as their training base for the FIFA Women’s World Cup.
The decision completes the allocation of 16 TBC (Team Base Camps) throughout New Zealand ahead of the tournament which starts on July 20.
Portugal qualified for the World Cup through the intercontinental play-off series held in New Zealand in February.
The team has now opted to use Mangere Central Park as their training base, while staying at the Waipuna Hotel & Conference Centre in nearby Mt Wellington.
Confirming the decision, Mangere United AFC told social media followers: “Great news for our club and Mangere community. We are looking forward to host Portugal.”
Mangere’s facilities were used as a training venue for the intercontinental play-offs.
Other teams to be hosted by Auckland clubs are:
- United States: East Coast Bays’ Bay City Park, Browns Bay.
- Norway: Western Springs’ Seddon Fields, Westmere.
- Philippines: Bay Olympic’s Olympic Park, New Lynn.
- Italy: Birkenhead United’s Shepherds Park, Birkenhead.
- Argentina: Ellerslie’s Michaels Ave Reserve, Ellerslie.
- Vietnam: West Coast Rangers’ Fred Taylor Park, Whenuapai.
READ MORE: Revealed — the clubs to host team bases for next year’s FIFA Women’s World Cup >>>>
READ MORE: The grounds that will get upgrades as part of $19 million plan for Women’s World Cup >>>>