Aucklander Shannon Thomas has claimed Friends of Football’s mini-league crown for the global Fantasy Premier League game.
Played by more than 11 million football fans worldwide, Thomas finished 34 points clear of his nearest rival to top the Friends of Football rankings.
Thomas, the principal of Coerver Coaching New Zealand, achieved an overall rank of 18,355 from the 11,447,257 FPL players worldwide.
WaiBOP Football communications manager and Matamata Swifts head coach Dwayne Barlow came fourth, continuing his good form from previous English Premier League seasons.
Ngongotaha striker Luke Barker came in sixth while East Coast Bays’ board member Jonny Gaze landed in eighth spot.
New Zealand’s best FPL manager was Fintan O’Sullivan whose Gabigabigabioioioi team finished 24th in the world with 2729 points.
Fantasy Premier League is a free-to-enter online competition in which entrants select and manage squads of 15 players chosen from EPL teams.
Friends of Football mini-league
- Shannon Thomas (Shanfield), 2589 pts
- Tiru Balakrishnan (Stranger Ings), 2555 pts
- Paul Currie (Haalandaze Scorchers), 2551 pts
- Dwayne Barlow (Pew Pew), 2531 pts
- Todd Robinson (Hand of Todd), 2520 pts
- Luke Barker (LFC4DarWin), 2512 pts
- Tim Randle (RewaGunner), 2506 pts
- Jonny Gaze (Auribus Teneo Lupum), 2502 pts
- Fox Pas (Faux Pas), 2491 pts
- Shane O’Higgins (Iwobi-Wan-Kenobi), 2481 pts