Sixteen football fans are off to the World Cup in Qatar after winning tickets were drawn in the NZ Football Foundation’s national lottery.
Drawn under police supervision at Eastern Suburbs’ Auckland clubrooms, eight winning tickets were drawn, each for two-person trips to Qatar to watch four matches at the world’s biggest football tournament.
Name/football region/ticket number
- Grant Collie (Northern) #11328
- Praneesh Prasad (Northern) #603
- Christopher Petropoulos (WaiBOP) #5521
- Latham Lockwood (Central) #7789
- Darryl Pollard (Capital) #4190
- Greg Andrell (Mainland) #3054
- Tania Outram (Football South) #7051
- Grant Collie (New Zealand) #11440
How it worked
Tickets cost $20 and were purchased online from the NZ Football Foundation.
Buyers were able to decide which participating club or school would receive $10 from the price of each ticket.
The funds raised will be put back into football.
Main photo: Qatar … ready to host the World Cup.