North Shore United are advertising for a women’s first team coach who is capable of helping the club grow its female ranks from junior through to senior grades.
In its advertisement, the club says it re-established its women’s first and reserve teams in 2022.
“We are keen to build on that foundation by fostering talent and attracting new players. We are looking for a motivated coach that is passionate about growing female players and developing a competitive squad with a positive coaching environment,” the club says.
“You will be responsible for recruiting, creating and coaching a successful Women’s Senior Team, as well as working with the Football Development Manager to create a pathway from junior girls through to senior grades.”
The right person
The club says the right person for the role would understand the importance of a consistent strategy and where the role sits within the club’s overall objectives.
- You love to win but understand it is not the only measurement of success.
- You are highly self-motivated and work well with a wide range of stakeholders.
- You have the ability to inspire others to be the best they can be.
- You are familiar with and understand New Zealand Football philosophies.
- You are a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident and currently live and work here.
- You are looking for a medium to long term position to help make the Club’s vision a reality.
- You hold a NZF C Licence coaching qualification or equivalent.
- You have a comprehensive knowledge of female football in New Zealand and have contacts and links across the football community that would enable you to attract high-quality players to the club.
How to apply
Applications close on December 5, and the successful candidate is expected to be available to start by the end of January.
Interested parties should send their CV and covering letter to Catherine at [email protected].
Tell Friends of Football your club news
If you belong to a club in the northern or WaiBOP regions, please let us know what’s happening at your club.
Either send us your media releases or send us a link to your announcement/story on your website.
If we think it’ll interest football fans and our members, we’ll do our best to share your news.
Email us at [email protected] – thanks.
Use our logo
Please add our logo to your club’s website and invite your members and supporters to check us out.