Wellington Phoenix striker Oskar Zawada has been voted men’s A-League Player of the Year by football fans.
The scorer of 15 goals this season, Zawada topped a public poll to win the accolade at the end-of-season Dolan Warren Awards, the prestigious football awards held annually in Australia.
The recognition caps an outstanding first season with the Phoenix for the Polish age group international.
Zawada (27) joined the Wellington club for the 2022-23 isuzu-UTE A-League season and quickly found goalscoring form.
He won the club’s Player of the Year, Players’ Player of the Year and the Phoenix fans’ Player of the Year awards.
Recent reports have suggested Dutch club SC Heerenveen are tracking Zawada as a potential transfer target. He has one year left on his Phoenix contract.
Watch every Zawada goal for the Phoenix
All the winners
Here’s the full list of winners at the 2023 Dolan Warren Awards:
- Isuzu UTE A-League Referee of the Year: Chris Beath
- Liberty A-League Referee of the Year: Casey Reibelt
- Isuzu UTE A-League Fair Play Award: Brisbane Roar
- Liberty A-League Fair Play Award: Canberra United
- Liberty A-League Coach of the Year: Mark Torcaso
- Isuzu UTE A-League Coach of the Year: Carl Veart
- Isuzu UTE A-League Fan Player of the Year: Oskar Zawada
- Liberty A-League Fan Player of the Year: Maria Rojas
- Golden Glove – Liberty A-League Goalkeeper of the Year: Hillary Beall
- Golden Glove – Isuzu UTE -League Goalkeeper of the Year: Lawrence Thomas
- Liberty A-League Save of the Year: Hillary Beall
- Isuzu UTE A-League Save of the Year: Andrew Redmayne
- Golden Boot – Isuzu UTE A-League Top Goal Scorer: Jamie Maclaren
- Golden Boot – Liberty A-League Top Goal Scorer: Hannah Keane