South Auckland Rangers are recruiting a new men’s head coach for next season’s NRF League One campaign.
This follows a decision by Geoff Cooper to leave the club after a season in which the side came runners-up in the league and reached the last 32 of the Chatham Cup.
Cooper (62) has a long record of coaching Auckland clubs, and was previously with Onehunga Mangere, Franklin United and Papakura City.
Main photo: Geoff Cooper … Rangers are looking to replace him ahead of next season. Photo: Shane Wenzlick / Phototek.
Rangers say they’re looking for a coach with a minimum OFC/NZF C-Licence and, ideally, a B-Licence or working towards achieving the qualification.
Here’s the club’s advertised role description:
Head Coach – South Auckland Rangers
Report to: Technical Coach
The head coach of the team is responsible for leading and managing all aspects of the team’s culture performance.
- Creates and maintains a team culture in alignment with the SAR’s vision and values
- Identifies, recruits, and motivates players who will positively represent SAR
- Creates and oversees a recruitment strategy for players
- Develop and implement training plans that prepare the players for upcoming games
- Use game footage to review and plan for upcoming games
- The development of players in the first team (Individual player development plans)
- Work with the reserve team coach to manage the squad selection of players
Responsibilities may be reviewed.
- Minimum OFC/NZF C-Licence
- Eligible to work in New Zealand
- Willing to undergo a police check
Remuneration will be based on experience.
How to apply
Email a cover letter and CV to: [email protected].
Applications close on October 31, 2023.
Tell Friends of Football your club news
Please let us know what’s happening at your club.
Either send us your media releases or send us a link to your announcement/story on your website.
If we think it’ll interest football fans and our members, we’ll do our best to share your news.
Email us at [email protected].
Use our logo
Please add our logo to your club’s website and invite your members and supporters to check us out.